Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

December Quest 2011

Go down 
AuthorMessage

December Quest 2011 Empty
PostSubject: December Quest 2011   December Quest 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:12 pm

It's time for the December Challenge!! rendeer

Objectives:

1) Obtain and Ice-type shiny; it can be its first or secondary type. It doesn't matter as long as it's an ice type shiny.
2) Obtain another Ice-type shiny
3) Obtain a Winter Holiday shiny - this can be a Santa Delibird, a Christmas Tree Abomasnow, a Menorah Litwick, or whatever you think of! Be creative! santa

Restrictions:

To keep it fair for everybody, the following restrictions are in place:

1) No chaining or Rumble shinies!
2) No trading.
3) No hacking or usage of external devices.

3 prize points will be awarded for completing this Quest.

Good luck, everybody, and make sure to post your reason for why your third shiny is Winter Holidayy! Have fun! rendeer

Last edited by G-Money on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: December Quest 2011   December Quest 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 6:43 am

Part I complete!!

SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been pretty excited to do the December Quest, and with three shinies needed to win, I figured I'd try to get a shiny roughly every 10 days. Since it's already December 13th, I decided to start on my second target and dual hunt it along with my Icefall Cave hunt. I love both Snorunt and Spheal, so I headed to Shoal Cave in Ruby, but it was high tide and my internal battery is dry, so I couldn't get to the inner chamber that had Snorunt as well as Spheal. I brushed the dust off of Emerald and decided to hunt there, as I had gotten two RE shinies on it before and could always leave it plugged in so as not to reset the RNG.

On exactly encounter number 1000, SHINY SPHEAL!!!!!! Very Happy

Spoiler:

I wasn't expecting to finish my second hunt before my first, haha. I was more than 5 hours into Emerald, probably around 8 or 9. I caught him on my first Ultraball throw.

It's also my first late night (technically early morning) shiny: I caught him at 4:12 AM! Sleep Also, I was pretty lucky that he wasn't a Zubat or Golbat, or else he wouldn't count for the contest!

rendeer For my Winter Holiday shiny, I'm going to go for Snover on Route 216. santa It also has a 25% chance of Sneasel, which would be pretty cool too (no pun intended!).

6250 Icefall Cave encounters.
Back to top Go down
Willheart

Willheart

PostSubject: Re: December Quest 2011   December Quest 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:56 am

For completing one of the requirements for the quest you have obtained 1 prize point!

Since there are three requirements to win, the maximum amount of points you can get is 3.

For finding a shiny you have obtained 1 score point! Yay!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: December Quest 2011   December Quest 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:38 pm

Well I almost completed one of the requirements, but I just ran from my Christmas reindeer Sawsbuck!!! I really hope I reclaim it soon. Here is the fail video
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Willheart

Willheart

PostSubject: Re: December Quest 2011   December Quest 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:40 pm

Since you found the shiny and have proof of it, I'll give you a score point. :3 But since it wasn't caught it won't be counted as a prize point. Is that fair?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: December Quest 2011   December Quest 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:54 pm

Sure I will gladly take that score point and try again for my prize point!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: December Quest 2011   December Quest 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:47 am

Finally I got to score one point too!^^

"Ice ice baby":

3 days to go before this month ends. See, if I can get another ice shiny or even complete this quest.

Can I suggest for the next January quest?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: December Quest 2011   December Quest 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:55 am

Cutty wrote:
Can I suggest for the next January quest?

Sure! Feel free to post suggestions over at https://shinyhunterscentral.forummotion.com/t37-competition-suggestions-thread!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December Quest 2011   December Quest 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

December Quest 2011
Page 1 of 1