Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

G's Quest for Greatness

Go down 
AuthorMessage

G's Quest for Greatness Empty
PostSubject: G's Quest for Greatness   G's Quest for Greatness Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:23 pm

Hello! Here I'll chronicle the epic adventure of my shiny hunting journey - my quest for every shiny! I already have 19 to start with, and hopefully I'll gain many more! alien

Slugma (Emerald) - Random Encounter
Electrode (Ruby) - Random Encounter
Shuppet (Emerald) - Encounter
Zangoose (Ruby) - Encounter
Dialga (Diamond) - SR
Torchic (Sapphire) - SR
Uxie (Diamond) - SR
Bibarel (Diamond) - Safari Zone Random Encounter
Bulbasaur (FireRed) - SR
Magnemite (Diamond) - Egg Hatching
Tangela (LeafGreen) - Encounter
Giratina (Diamond) - SR
Staravia (Diamond) - Random Encounter
Treecko (Sapphire) - SR
Elgyem (Black) - Encounter
Litwick (Black) - Encounter
Drifloon (Diamond) - SR
Abra (LeafGreen) - SR
Hitmonchan (FireRed) - SR
Back to top Go down
Willheart

Willheart

PostSubject: Re: G's Quest for Greatness   G's Quest for Greatness Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Oh wow, that's a lot of hunts! Sure will keep you busy though, I wish you luck G.

*throws good luck dust all over you*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G's Quest for Greatness   G's Quest for Greatness Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:01 pm

Willheart wrote:
<blockquote> Oh wow, that's a lot of hunts! Sure will keep you busy though, I wish you luck G.

*throws good luck dust all over you*

Haha, thanks Will! I suppose I should've been clearer, though - those are the shinies I already have! Very Happy I'll keep the luck dust, though. sunny

My current hunts are, in order of importance:

LG: Icefall Cave
HG: Johto Starters
FR: Eevee
LG: Dratini
White: Unova Starters
Pearl: Palkia
Ruby: Nincada/Zigzagoon/Taillow/Whismur/Skitty
Platinum: Manaphy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G's Quest for Greatness   G's Quest for Greatness Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 6:41 am

SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been pretty excited to do the December Quest, and with three shinies needed to win, I figured I'd try to get a shiny roughly every 10 days. Since it's already December 13th, I decided to start on my second target and dual hunt it along with my Icefall Cave hunt. I love both Snorunt and Spheal, so I headed to Shoal Cave in Ruby, but it was high tide and my internal battery is dry, so I couldn't get to the inner chamber that had Snorunt as well as Spheal. I brushed the dust off of Emerald and decided to hunt there, as I had gotten two RE shinies on it before and could always leave it plugged in so as not to reset the RNG.

On exactly encounter number 1000, SHINY SPHEAL!!!!!! Very Happy

Spoiler:

I wasn't expecting to finish my second hunt before my first, haha. I was more than 5 hours into Emerald, probably around 8 or 9. I caught him on my first Ultraball throw.

It's also my first late night (technically early morning) shiny: I caught him at 4:12 AM! Sleep Also, I was pretty lucky that he wasn't a Zubat or Golbat, or else he wouldn't count for the contest!

rendeer For my Winter Holiday shiny, I'm going to go for Snover on Route 216. santa It also has a 25% chance of Sneasel, which would be pretty cool too (no pun intended!).

6250 Icefall Cave encounters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G's Quest for Greatness   G's Quest for Greatness Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:07 am

Icefall Cave

???

Begun December 1st

Route 216

???

Begun December 13th

Palkia

G's Quest for Greatness Spr_4d_484_s

Begun May 20th

Johto Starters

G's Quest for Greatness Spr_4h_152_s G's Quest for Greatness Spr_4h_155_s G's Quest for Greatness Spr_4h_158_s

?

Begun April 25th

Dratini

G's Quest for Greatness Spr_3r_147_s

Begun July 18th

Snivy

G's Quest for Greatness Spr_5b_495_s

Begun July 11th

Tepig

G's Quest for Greatness Spr_5b_498_s

Begun July 11th

Oshawott

G's Quest for Greatness Spr_5b_501_s

Begun July 11th
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G's Quest for Greatness   G's Quest for Greatness Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:03 pm

Icefall Cave

???

9,540 [+2,000]

Begun December 1st

Route 216

???

301 [+267]

Begun December 13th

Palkia

5,702 [+215]

Begun May 20th

Johto Starters

G's Quest for Greatness Spr_4h_152_s G's Quest for Greatness Spr_4h_155_s G's Quest for Greatness Spr_4h_158_s

??,??? [+?,???]

Begun April 25th

Turtwig

G's Quest for Greatness Spr_4p_387_s

15 [+11]

Begun May 20th

Chimchar

G's Quest for Greatness Spr_4p_390_s

3 [+3]

Begun December 21st

Dratini

Begun July 18th

Snivy

Begun July 11th

Tepig

Begun July 11th

Oshawott

Begun July 11th
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G's Quest for Greatness   G's Quest for Greatness Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:16 am

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!! I JUST GOT LIKE THE BEST SHINY OF ALL TIME: BELDUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy Wow, I can hardly believe this! I was taking a short break from my Icefall Cave hunt to try some other things, so I decided to start breeding Beldum to make a 5th gen competitive team. Metagross can't learn Stealth Rock in GenV, so I was breeding on Diamond. I wasn't really looking for a shiny - I was hoping deep down that I'd get one, but 1/8192 breeding takes a really long time and I was just going to SR when the R/S/E remakes come out. My plan was to breed until I got 10 Adamant ones and then take the one with the best stats to use for my competitive team. But after a very short amount of Beldum, THE HATCH SCREEN WAS GLISTENED WITH SILVER BEAUTY!!! This is an amazing early Christmas present! santa Shiny Metagross is one of my favorites of all time, and it's most definitely in my top 5 (along with Rayquaza, Charizard, Latias, and probably Chandelure). This is so amazing!! I wasn't expecting to get one of my favorite shinies ever now, haha.

I wasn't counting the number of eggs, but my best guess would be 31. It was the first one of a new batch, and I probably did around 20 last night and then 11 this morning. I got my shiny Spheal at 4:12 AM and Beldum at 4:28 AM, but the circumstances were completely different: with Spheal, I hadn't gone to bed yet and was staying up late; with Beldum, I had already slept for 8 hours and was getting up early. sunny

As my second shiny this month, Beldum ties a personal record for me. cheers There are still 9 days left in the month (and year!), so hopefully I'll be able to beat my monthly best.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G's Quest for Greatness   G's Quest for Greatness Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 10:43 am

Yes! Very Happy

This is the best month ever.

Spoiler:

Wow. This is amazing! I've been hunting the Johto starters since April 15th, and I'm sure that I'm well over 30,000 Pokemon seen by now. I SRed over a shiny Chikorita back on July 4th, and I was wondering if I'd ever get one, haha. It seems like I've been dual hunting Johto starters alongside pretty much every hunt I've had!

I had actually opened MS Paint to start working on a new banner, but I closed it and decided to work on getting another shiny and save myself the work of having to update the banner again. And behold! A shiny Totodile right after I close Paint. bounce

I found him at 8:15 AM, my first shiny in a while I actually got at a normal time, haha.

As if I didn't have enough reason to love December already. santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G's Quest for Greatness   G's Quest for Greatness Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Eevee

G's Quest for Greatness Spr_3f_133_s

55 [+55]

Begun January 1st, 2012

Spiritomb

G's Quest for Greatness Spr_4d_442_s

222 [+222]

Begun December 29th, 2011

Icefall Cave

???

10,184 [+644]

Begun December 1st, 2011

Route 216

???

Begun December 13th, 2011

Palkia

Begun May 20th, 2011

Johto Starters

G's Quest for Greatness Spr_4h_152_s G's Quest for Greatness Spr_4h_155_s

Stage I: Begun April 25th, 2011 - completed December 24th, 2011
Stage II: TBD

Turtwig

G's Quest for Greatness Spr_4p_387_s

17 [+2]

Begun May 20th, 2011

Chimchar

G's Quest for Greatness Spr_4p_390_s

150 [+147]

Begun December 21st, 2011

Dratini

Begun July 18th, 2011

Snivy

Begun July 11th, 2011

Tepig

Begun July 11th, 2011

Oshawott

Begun July 11th, 2011
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G's Quest for Greatness   G's Quest for Greatness Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 2:05 am

Eevee - 3279 (Primary Hunt)
Spiritomb - 755 (Secondary Hunt)
Snivy - 500 (Tertiary Hunt)
Tepig - 41 (Primary subsidiary of the Tertiary Hunt)
Oshawott - 43 (Secondary subsidiary of the Tertiary Hunt)
Icefall Cave - 10495 (Quaternary Hunt)
Chimchar - 150 (Quinary Hunt)
Dratini - 432 (Senary Hunt, although it possesses potential to rise in the distant future)
Palkia - 5702 (On hold; affectionately dubbed "Hunt Zero")
Manaphy/Turtwig - 17 (Septanary Hunt)
Nincada/Zigzagoon/Taillow/Whismur/Skitty - 500 (Octonary Hunt)
Route 216 - 301 (Nonary Hunt)
Johto starters - 0 since Totodile (Denary Hunt, although it possesses potential for a meteoric rise depending upon whenever I decide to stop being too lazy to trade Totodile to another game and restart to start looking for more starters)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G's Quest for Greatness   G's Quest for Greatness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G's Quest for Greatness
Page 1 of 1